Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rainbow back story

Being recently out of the closet, and at a younger age than most, was a bit harder to understand. I realized I was a lesbian when I was 12. I'd been dating a boy for like 9 months, he was my closest friend. When my family sent me camping with my cousins. Later to realize I was not the only teenager they had invited. They also invited their cousins, from the other side of the family. I had met them all before when they were little kids, but something about the way she lured me in. Something about the way she didn't even try to get my attention. She'd sing like a virgin with me, for the week I spent with her. And I knew that moment I saw her, that I was a lesbian, it all kinda made sense now. I had little crushes before, when I was a child, but never to this magnitude. I had always kind of known that I was, but I never really put it into perspective. And then, that day it hit me.
I came home, and my boyfriend called me, ( I totally forgot I had a boyfriend ) And I just kinda stayed with him. I was so scared people would see right through my "straight lies" that I needed his help. I felt bad for using him, but every inch of me wanted to like him back, but I just couldn't..
Months later from the camping trip, I befriended a mutual friend on Facebook, Her name is Amber. I would tell her about how I was so confused, and how I was so scared, because she was the only person there for me. And one day I realized I was falling for her. With my feelings for that other chick leaving, things got kinda easier. And I felt like she was falling for me too. She told me she was bisexual, later to say complete lesbian. And She invited me to her birthday party. At the tundra lodge. And just like that, we were hugging, and she was brushing my hair, like normal best friends. But there was something different,  Something a little out of the ordinary. I felt like she liked me.

After a long and entrusting 2 year relationship with her, I fell in love with my best friend. Realizing that Amber never had treated me right, she did in the beginning. I fell in love, with a girl who loved me for who I was. I love every inch of her, not like a first love kind of thing. I love her like a forever love.  Amber was my first love, which was powerful, but she is different. She is a forever kind of love. She is all I need. She is Love. I love her, as simple as that. she is my everything. She is what I now live for. I could talk about her forever. As long as I could love her. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment